Summer just got a lot more interesting.
Middle and high school youth can keep learning going this summer through WAVE: a new learning system that provides high-quality and engaging online learning experiences with a human touch.
Design your own summer experience
Choose from a wide range of online and offline options including dance, music, career workshops, coding, aerospace, hip-hop, finances, leadership, art, fitness, yoga and more.
Create a unique, customized schedule of daily live instruction from 9am-4pm based on your availability and interests.
Eagle Flight introduces students to aviation and aerospace
History of Me
History of Me by MC Dylekt uses hip-hop pedagogy to explore personal identities and histories
Building your Business
Building your Business by Pocketchange promotes a new relationship with money and financial decision-making
STRIVE - How You Lead Matters
STRIVE - How You Lead Matters promotes social emotional learning and character driven leadership
Art & Fitness Yoga
Instructors from Rodney Street Tennis engage youth in art and fitness yoga
Don't go it alone
Every participating youth will be paired with a “Summer Learning Guide.” This near-peer will act as mentor and tutor, providing a true human connection within a digital experience.
Sign up with your friends, coordinate course schedules, and share the summer together.
- Stop the COVID and summer slide! Summer months are critical to maintaining learning, and COVID shutdowns have exacerbated this effect
- Live courses taught by high-quality educators in small groups
- Designed and delivered by trusted Delaware non-profits including Community Education Building, Strive, and SummerCollab
- Provides opportunities for student connection, reflection, choice, and engagement
- It’s safe! 100% remote instruction/engagement, no in-person interactions required, instructors and guides fully vetted
- Parents can take a break from the stress of constantly managing their child’s online learning
- “Summer Learning Guides” will act as mentors, tutors, and supporters as youth choose courses and personalize their experience